The monastery of the Carmelite Nuns in Valls was founded in 1680 by nuns from Vilafranca del Penedès and Barcelona. The newly built convent was erected near Portal Nou, thanks to various donations made for this purpose from 1676 onwards. In 1697, construction of a new church began, a project that extended over time: it was consecrated in 1719 and finally completed in 1781. During the Peninsular War (1809), the monastery was converted into a hospital and looted. In 1814, nuns from the Monastery of L'Encarnació de Barcelona sought refuge there. It was exclaustrated between 1835 and 1845. The original convent was demolished in 1936 but was later rebuilt with a new building designed by Cèsar Martinell, inaugurated in 1948. Monastic life continued there until 2011.
- GAVÍN, Josep M. (1980). Inventari d'esglésies. Vol. 6. Barcelona: Artestudi
- PAULÍ, Antonio (1951). El monasterio de "La Encarnación". MM. Carmelitas de Barcelona. Barcelona: Bartrés
- PUIGJANER Y GUAL, Francisco (1881). Historia de la Villa de Valls desde su fundación hasta nuestros días. Valls: Imp. Francisco Pellisser